Weight loss is really Fat loss
Belly fat is a major concern for both men women. Not because we all want to have six-pack abs, but because we want to feel good in our clothes, and in our bodies. We don’t want to look pregnant if we aren’t and we don’t want to wear “mom jeans” to cover up the bulge. But belly fat is persistent for many reasons. Even when we amp up the exercise routine, add more crunches, and limit our calories, it stays with us through it all weightloss.
Belly fat food & drink to limit or avoid
- Fruit juice
- White bread
- White crackers
- White pasta and rice
- Sugary treats (even fat-free versions!
It’s time to revise how you think about belly fat and take a look at the physiology that makes your body prone to maintaining extra padding around the middle. Because once you understand the biology of stubborn belly fat, you can make simple targeted changes in your life and watch it melt away. Since belly fat has been linked to health problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes, the health benefits of losing it go way beyond having a trim waistline.
Top three belly fat culprits
Let’s start by looking at the three most common physiologic causes of stubborn belly fat. All three of these imbalances result in extra padding around the belly — for good reason — and once you remove the physiologic block, the body releases the extra weight.
After a few years of eating a high-carb diet (including sugar and alcohol), your cells can reach a state where they no longer respond to insulin. This leads to elevated blood sugar and quick conversion of sugar to fat. The best place to store quickly converted fat is the belly.
During times of stress, the adrenal glands release cortisol and adrenaline to mobilize quick energy for a “fight or flight” situation. The problem is that in modern stress rarely requires actual fighting or fleeing so these extra calories end up being stored as belly fat.
Get a Good Nights Sleep
Too little sleep impacts your levels of thyroid and stress hormones, which in turn can affect your memory, immune system, heart and metabolism, and much more. Over time, lack of sleep can lead to weight gain.
How to lose belly fat in five steps
1. Know your carbohydrate limit. This means taking a good look at the foods (and drinks!) you consume each day. This reduced carb load will address your insulin resistance almost immediately.
Bonus step for the overachievers: exercise in a way the builds muscle. Weight training, yoga, and interval training can build muscle, which is a great way to help insulin do its job.
2. Lighten your stress load. We know you’ve heard this advice so many times it’s becoming a cliché, but reducing stress truly lowers cortisol levels and makes a big difference in how fat is deposited in your body. To make things easy for you, at renewyou we use herbal combinations and nutritional supplements to minimize the stress burden on your body.
Bonus step for the overachievers: sleep more and spend more time in nature. Sleep is one of the best ways to lower stress and studies show it also helps keep your hunger levels and weight in check.
3. Balance your hormones. Hormonal fluctuation is an inevitable part of life, but you can ease the burden on your body by supplementing with hormone-supportive herbs. There are herbs that are specific for oestrogen or Progesterone imbalances.
With Kinesiology we can identify which glands and hormones are imbalanced and which herbs you require to help you recuperate from your symptoms
Bonus step for the overachievers: add healthy fats from foods like salmon, walnuts, olive oil and avocado to your diet so your body has the building blocks it needs to make hormones.
4. Build healthy gut flora. Recent studies are showing that the bacteria in our guts can play a large role in our weight. Populate your gut with healthy bacteria that can help you digest and metabolize your food by taking a high quality probiotic. At renewyou we use Kinesiology to identify which probiotic is specific for you.
Bonus step for the overachievers: eat more fibre. Good bacteria thrive on fiber, while the not-so-good bacteria thrive on refined carbs like sugar.
5. Add metabolic boosters. Metabolic boosters can support a healthy metabolism and increase your calorie and fat burning potential. At renewyou we have many options to help increase your metabolism. We also use green tea extract, known to increase calorie burning, and chromium to help balance insulin and blood sugar, and more.
Bonus step for the overachievers: Exercise is a great way to boost metabolism, especially if you’re doing it at least four times per week.
You now have the knowledge and tools to begin losing your belly fat!
Or if you are interested in a more comprehensive holistic approach to your weight loss, our Personal Program tackles your stubborn weight with a Kinesiology Neuro-Training session to balance your hormones and glandular system and a custom diet plan (including shopping lists and delicious recipes). Other supports we offer include a quality protein shake and herbal and nutritional support for your glandular system (hormonal, adrenal, neurotransmitter, or thyroid).
At Renewyou Happiness Centre we help retrain your Nervous System to come out of its habitual stress response. We help your nervous system learn to function without the automatic stress response that drives your stress response, your anxiety and your inability to lose that weight. . Kinesiology and Neuro-Training programs generate new options for your Nervous system, your brain and your glandular systems to recuperate and function better.
Help is just a phone call away...so take the first steps to getting your health back on track by having a Kinesiology/Neuro-Training session.
For more information on recuperation from your anxiety and stress and to begin losing those troublesome kilos contact Lyndy at renewyou happiness centre 0421 607 948...And be a happier, healthier you.